Key Club is the oldest and largest service organization for high school students. From the International level to the club level, Key Club is a student-led organization that teaches leadership through serving others, and that’s what makes it so successful. As members of the Kiwanis International family, Key Club members build themselves through building their schools and communities.
The official mascot of the Alabama District is Duke Lucas the monkey!
Key Club is an international student-led organization providing its members with opportunities to perform service, build character and develop leadership.
We are caring and competent servant leaders transforming communities worldwide.
The core values of Key Club International are leadership, character building, caring and inclusiveness.
Caring–Our Way of Life
Objectives of the Alabama District
- To promote the objectives of Key Club International.
- To coordinate the projects of member Key Clubs.
- To strengthen and extend the Key Club movement.
- To increase the fellowship and cooperative effort of the clubs within the District.
- To promote participation of the clubs within the District in the general objectives, programs, and policies of the Alabama District of Key Club International.
- To accept and promote the Constitutional Objectives of Kiwanis International.
Objects of Key Club International
- To develop initiative and leadership.
- To provide experience in living and working together.
- To serve the school and community.
- To cooperate with the school principal.
- To prepare for useful citizenship.
- To accept and promote the following ideals:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual, rather than to material values in life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render unselfish service and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and goodwill.